Admissions to G.W. Carver Middle School
- School applications for magnet schools may be found at www.miamimagnets.com.
- All Magnet application will be accepted exclusively online through the Miami-Dade County Public Schools Parent Portal. Click on following button for information on the M-DCPS Parent Portal Magnet Program Application.
- Submit application before the deadline of January 15.
- Students not attending a Miami Dade County Public School must upload their transcripts for the entirety of last school year and the first quarter of the current school year together with the application.
- Students applying to the International Studies (IS) program must meet criteria and pass a language proficiency exam.
- All applications will be screened. Eligibility is determined based on the following criteria.
- 2.5 GPA in all core classes (all last school year and the first quarter of this school year).
- 2.5 GPA in foreign language courses (all last school year and the first quarter of this school year).
- 2.0 GPA in conduct (all last school year and the first quarter of this school year).
- No more than 5 absences in the first semester or 10 absences in an entire school year.
- Mastery of Language Proficiency in the modern language: French, German, Italian, or Spanish for students applying to the International Studies (IS) Program. Exam not required for incoming International Education (IE French, German, Spanish) nor for students applying to the same IS Program they are currently in.
- Only ones and twos in effort.
- Students who meet eligibility criteria will be entered into the Miami-Dade County Public Schools district random selection.
- Students who DO NOT meet eligibility criteria will be notified on non-acceptance.
- Students will be notified via email of their outcome on the random selection. The waiting list remains current through the second week of the new school year. Students not accepted that wish to be reconsidered for the following year must re-apply to an IS program.