- Applications must be submitted to School Choice & Parental Options by January 15th.
- It is the parent or guardian’s responsibility to ensure that the application has been received at School Choice & Parental Options Office by the January 15th deadline.
- Students that do not attend a Miami Dade County Public School must submit to G. W. Carver Middle a copy of the latest report card and last year’s report card in its entirety (i.e., private, out-of-county, charter), by January 15th, before they are considered complete. Only complete applications will be processed.
- Students applying for the IS program must meet criteria and pass a language proficiency test.
- A committee of administrators and teachers review submitted applications, using admission criteria established by the school district and G. W. Carver Middle School.
- Final determination of acceptance is based on the random selection process run by the Office of Educational Accountability.
Directions For Filling Out the Application
- General Information: Fill out all of the student’s general information as requested.
- Agreement of Understanding: Sign and date the application.
- Selection Box: Select one strand of your choice. PLEASE NOTE: The IE Program is for beginners. Students do not need to speak the language. The IS Program is for students who are proficient in the language. Applicants must demonstrate language proficiency to be considered for this program.
Additional Requirements not on Application (for students in a private school, a charter school, or school outside of Miami Dade County Public Schools):
- Submit a copy of the first report card for the current school year plus last year’s grades to G. W. Carver Middle School, 4901 Lincoln Drive, Miami, Fl. 33133 by January 15.
- All applications and necessary paperwork are due January 15th, (no exceptions).Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
2021-2022 Magnet Program Application