G.W. Carver Middle has an attendance monitoring process that determines whether a student’s absence is deemed excused or unexcused. When a student is going to be absent or tardy, the parent must send an email to 6071Attendance@dadeschools.net explaining the nature of the absence or tardiness.
Admits to class for absences and/or tardies will be issued between 8:30 am – 9:00 am from the Attendance Office.
Absences: Upon returning to school, students must bring a note from a parent/guardian or medical office in order to obtain an admit from the Attendance Office. Students have 3 days from return date to submit note. All absences are verified by Ms. Laura Pinilla.
- Note must include student name, I.D. number, absence dates, and parent signature/contact.
- No emails will be accepted at this time.
- Please DO NOT email teachers before an admit is issued.
Tardies: All students who are not in their seats by 9:10 am must report to the Attendance Office and sign into the Tardy Book. A corresponding pass will be issued.
- Tardy pass will be issued between 9:10 a.m. – 1:50 p.m.
- Students must be in attendance for 2 hours to be counted present.
Students with an unexcused absence or those who fail to bring a note within the 3 days will be given an opportunity to make up any work missed. However, the work will not be graded.